Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Texas stay. (Feb 29 - Mar 2)

You know how is that state !!....Hot, dry, brown with dust, spicy in food and attitude, Horse man with super cool hats, belts and boots with that rotating ring on the heels… People are unbuttoned, rude and irrational.
All my desi aunties from village in Gujarat had become Mrs.Doubtfire. They drove me to NASA and gave me the feel of F1. Went to man made rain forest Park and to the Galveston beach where you can see the massive boats carry all the various sizes vehicles in it to the other end of the sea. You are driving and road ends into this big boat. You can travel in the boat sitting in your car…This ferry is run by US govt for free, they could have built the smart bridge instead of keep on tripping like this !!
Evening my cousin took me to downtown and I saw this ‘Water wall’…its kindda fountain, around 60 feet tall half circle wall with water falling on it. Stand in the middle and encircled in its shape, you can experience amazing sound of water falling from the top…
Just before return flight we went to ‘Rodeo’. This is a local fare in Houston where all the cowboys assemble from Arizona, Arkansas and Texas. They buy and sale horses plus they displayed all the horse riding and jumping skills. Kids were very happy. It happens every 3 months once it seems, lucky to catch that during this visit.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am an abstract thought-pot :o) And regarding my Blog... 'If there's any kind of magic in this world, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something. I know, it‘s almost impossible to succeed, but...who cares, really? The answer must be in the attempt'. This blog is an attempt.