Monday, August 18, 2008

Pondicherry (15-17 Aug'08)

3 days weekend. Myself, momy and Auromita. We started on Friday at 10 AM in the rented taxi.
It was a first experience of taking the personal vehicle for 850 KM & 3 days, Because I had not planned it before. Well, no problem I got to learn, how to deal with the drivers...A special trip without my lovely camera. I had to capture everything with my eyes and save it in my memory forever. But I used my phone though.
Reached at 6 PM, took the accommodation, had dinner and hit the beach.
Vinayaka temple, Aurobindo Ashram and a French memorial with French lunch on next day morning. Evening at Auroville and the most exciting part of the trip i.e., Lunar eclipse at the sea shore. I and Auromita were at beach taking a stroll. Mommy was at hotel.
Full moon night at the Bay of Bengal, Those furious waves rolled and kept on crashing with rocks. I felt spiritual, happy and peaceful.
Next day: Botanical Garden, Matri Mandir, Boating and the Chennambur beach.
Wow…that turquoise blue, copious amount of roaring streams…….few tranquil moments at that windy coastline and ready to leave the Puducherry(ancient name).
11.40 PM: Back to Bangalore.
Little tiff with the driver regarding the payment and a nice week end got over.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am an abstract thought-pot :o) And regarding my Blog... 'If there's any kind of magic in this world, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something. I know, it‘s almost impossible to succeed, but...who cares, really? The answer must be in the attempt'. This blog is an attempt.